MEETING SCHEDULE- FEBRUARY 2020:
Council Workshop Meeting- Thursday, February 6, 2020 at 6pm at the Joseph Community Center:
AGENDA: The Joseph City Council will be having a project updates workshop. The workshop is being held to discuss the current status of the Streets, Water, Wastewater, Litigation, Main Street, West End Industrial projects update. Larry Braden, City Administration will be presenting.
The February Council Meeting will follow at 7pm:
- Councilor and Staff Roll Call, Pledge of Allegiance.
- Police Report – Sheriff Rogers or attending Deputy
- Library Report – Eric Shoudel, Librarian
- Fire Chief Report – Jeffrey Wecks
- Administrative Report – Larry Braden
- Public Works Report – Levi Tickner
- PUBLIC COMMENT – ITEMS NOT ON THE AGENDA
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS
- Anderson Perry: Brad Baird – Periodic Review Update
- NEW BUSINESS
- Resolution 2020-05- Annual Appointments
- Variance Request- Mountain Meadows Subdivision – Sidewalks
- CONSENT AGENDA
- City Council Minutes- (January 9, 2020)
- ACTION ITEMS
- Boise Building
- STAFF ITEMS
- COUNCILORS’ and MAYOR’S ITEMS
- PUBLIC COMMENT
- BILLS REVIEWED AND PAID
- December 2019
- MOTION FOR ADJOURNMENT
Note: The next council meeting is scheduled for Thursday, March 12, 2020.
Council Meeting for January Changed to 2nd Thursday of the Month
The regularly scheduled monthly council meeting for January, 2020 will be the 2nd Thursday, January 9, 2020 at 7pm at the Joseph Community Center.
Welcome To The Official City of Joseph, Oregon Website
Joseph Oregon, located at the foot of the Wallowa Mountains, is the jewel of Northeast Oregon. Incorporated in 1887, it has long served as a gateway to incredible recreational opportunities, including Wallowa Lake, the Eagle Cap Wilderness, and the Hells Canyon Recreation Area. Its thriving downtown, with its very own distillery, brewery, and a collection of unique shops surrounded by over a dozen life size bronze sculptures forged by local artists, is a destination on its own.
Make no mistake, Joseph is far more than a tourist destination. Its citizens, some descending from families who lived in Wallowa County for generations and some who came to visit and decided never to leave, know that Joseph is a uniquely amazing place to call home. Its schools rank among the best in the state and its high standards of living and excellent infrastructure make it an ideal location to live and do business.
If you haven't been to Joseph, it's time you discover for yourself what you have been missing!